General Opening Statement
Hotel Reopens Tuesday 4th August 2020
Following the most recent Government announcement we are happy to announce that the Manor House Hotel will open from Tuesday 4th August.
Health and safety is our priority and we have put measures in place so you can stay with confidence. As the Coronavirus outbreak comes under control, certain measures may be reduced, amended or eliminated.
To facilitate social distancing please be aware, we have reduced availability for the foreseeable future. Outlined below is our Covid-19 Policy along with details of what’s changed and what’s new. Most of which can be found on our website.
I would like to thank all our past Guests and Manor House Loyalty Members who have been so supportive over the last few months. We have missed you and are looking forward to welcoming you back with a smile, if not a handshake!
Andrew, Kate, Jack and Jess
What’s changed, what’s new…
Our team have spent lots of time innovating, creating, maintaining, improving and adapting to keep you and them safe, so that you’re stay with us is as relaxing as possible. And boy, don’t we all need a bit of rest & relaxation right now. We’re opening our doors back open on the 4th August and are now taking bookings from then.
In the meantime, we wanted to share with you what’s new and what’s changed:
New opening times…
Manor House Hotel Opening times
Closed Sunday night from 6pm,until Tuesday 4pm.
Stables Bar and Grill Opening times
Breakfast - Wednesday to Friday 06:45am to 09:30am, Saturday and Sunday 07:30am- 11:00am
Lunch - Wednesday to Saturday 12.00pm to 2.00pm, Sunday 12.00pm to 4pm
Dinner - Tuesday to Saturday 6.00pm to 9.00pm, Sunday night closed
Tuesday 6.00pm to 11.00pm
Wednesday to Saturday 12.00pm to 11.00pm
Sunday 12.00pm to 5.00pm
Sunday and Monday night closed
New Menu Alert…
We are excited to be launching a brand-new food offering in the Stables Bar and Grill which will be available as per the new opening times above, All non-resident guests will need to pre-book a table via our booking system on our website.
We will be making the most of the courtyards and the outdoor space around the hotel to create more places for our guests to dine or enjoy a drink al fresco.
Our goal is to keep the true essence of our hotel and keep it a relaxed place to come and wind down whilst keeping peace of mind that we’re doing everything that we can to make it a safe place to stay. Link to menu.
Dining at the Manor House Hotel
We’re excited to re-open the Stables Bar and Grill and cannot wait to welcome you… we'll be the same great place with some added tweaks to keep us all safe. Just so you know are offering a slightly smaller but very tasty menu throughout…’’
- Pre-booking is essential as we have reduced table numbers
- Maximum of 6 per table (please ensure when booking larger tables that you are conforming to the government guidelines on households dining together)
- Your party should compromise of a maximum of 2 households, including support bubbles as per government guidance
- Cashless payments only please
- View the menu and book online
We want to reassure our guests, team members and suppliers that we have taken every measure possible to keep everyone safe but also want to ensure we don’t lose the essence of what we love to do every day.
Our teams are happy to answer any questions you have but you may find the below information helpful before and during your stay:
Health and safety is our priority and we have put the following measures in place so you can stay with confidence. As the Coronavirus outbreak becomes under control, certain measures may be reduced, amended or eliminated.
Our Guest Experience team like to greet guests on arrival. However, we appreciate times have changed so whilst we still offer that personal level of service, as part of our contactless check-in process guests will receive a pre-arrival email to ask additional questions so we can tailor our service accordingly.
Hotel residents can check-in from 4pm.
Rooms will be paid before arrival, food and drink will be paid for during your stay. There is no need for a check out procedure, as there will be no outstanding charges on your account, simply drop your key in the box on your way out. If guests have any queries regarding their bill, they can contact reservations at email@example.com.
We politely request guests follow the check-out time, as our Housekeeping team will need access from 11am so they can clean the room to our Covid-19 Policy hygiene standards.
Manor House Hotel Online Ordering
We will provide you with a web link to enjoy a contactless experience with hotel information at your fingertips. Features include ordering room service and food and drinks in all areas of the hotel.
Keeping our Team Safe
All team members will undergo a Health and Safety Covid-19 Secure training program prior to returning to work, to educate them in strict hygiene protocols whilst remaining able to deliver our usual high standards of service.
- 1m+ social distancing to be observed wherever possible. Signs are located around the Hotel.
- Enhanced cleaning programme throughout all ‘back of house’ areas, including all touch points such as door handles, handrails, and lifts.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available for the team.
- PPE (face coverings, disposal gloves, aprons, wipes, screens) available for all staff.
- We will encourage increasing the frequency of hand washing or hand sanitising and surface cleaning (including disinfection of high footfall areas or common touchpoints and toilet/restrooms).
- The time of any activity where social distancing cannot be maintained will be kept as short as possible.
- A one-way system will be implemented back of house to prevent staff crossing, where possible.
- We will create an internal ‘Whistle blow’ Covid-19 system so the team can raise any concerns
- Dirty laundry will be separated from clean laundry so that there is no cross contamination
- A Covid-19 Champion has been appointed to ensure all procedures are being observed.
Keeping Guests Safe
1m+ social distancing to be observed wherever possible.
HEALTH AND HYGIENE
- Guests will be asked prior to their arrival if they have experienced any Covid 19 symptoms or have had a high temperature. Guests with symptoms are requested not to come to the hotel.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available for guests to help themselves.
- Enhanced cleaning schedules, including all touch points such as door handles, handrails and lift has been implemented.
- Payments should ideally be made by card/contactless with pre-payment for bedrooms in advance. We will take payment from your card details provided in accordance with the cancelation policy applicable to your booking.
- Furniture will be rearranged to observe social distancing.
- Windows will be opened frequently to increase ventilation
- Rather than use the public area toilets, hotel residents will be asked to use the facilities in their bedroom where ever possible.
TRACK AND TRACE
As per Government guidelines, we will need to collect some basic contact details for all guests. In most cases you will have provided these as part of your reservation. The Track and Trace initiative allows local NHS and public health professionals to follow up with guests if necessary. We only need one contact name and phone number for each group. We must keep these details for 21 days and they will then be destroyed.
Health and safety is our top priority and we have put the following measures in place so you can stay with confidence. As the Coronavirus outbreak becomes under control, certain measures may be reduced, amended or eliminated.
- Where possible, we will leave rooms unoccupied between guest stays so the room can ‘rest’.
- All rooms and suites will be cleaned based on our ‘Clean Room 10 Mark Assurance’ which includes :door handles, light switches, TV remote, drawers, taps, bathroom amenities, safe, telephone, iron, kettle, tea and coffee facilities.
- All laundry is washed by an ozone washer at a temperature which guarantees elimination of any potential trace of Covid-19 and the laundry trollies will be disinfected regularly.
- The guest laundry service will not be available.
- Servicing the room will only be available for guests staying two or more nights and is on a request basis only. If Housekeeping do need to enter the room, they will wear a face covering and disposable gloves.
- Most printed material, pens, menus, cushions and bed throws will be removed to reduce touch points.
- All glassware and crockery will be changed, cleaned thoroughly between guests.
Stables Bar and Grill
Health and safety is our top priority and we have put the following measures in place so you can stay or visit with confidence. As the Coronavirus outbreak becomes under control, certain measures may be reduced, amended or eliminated.
- Any dining experience must be pre-booked. To ensure we can effectively manage social distancing for all our guests, we politely request prompt arrival.
- The breakfast buffet will be replaced by table service.
- Room service will be available on request through the Manor House Hotel Online ordering system, there may be a wait of up to 30 minutes from the point of the request.
- Staff will not remove guests’ coats and belongings.
- All service will be table service, and guests must not approach the bar except in the designated area marked for social distancing.
- The number of guests allowed at a table will be based on Government guidelines.
- Disposable paper napkins will be used. Straws and stirrers will be removed.
- All condiments will be sealed.
- Windows will be opened to increase ventilation in the restaurant.
As per Government guidelines, we will need to collect some basic contact details for guests if, for some reason, they have not already provided this as part of their reservation. The Track and Trace initiative allows local NHS and public health professionals to follow up with guests if necessary. We only need one contact name and phone number for each group. We must keep these details for 21 days and they will then be destroyed. The person making the reservation will need to keep the contact details of those in the dining group for 21 days.
Our teams are happy to answer any questions you have but you may find the information below helpful before and during your stay
1.What if the situation changes again or I need to cancel my stay at short notice?
We recognise that it’s very hard for anyone to make firm commitments for anything at the moment, so for the time being we have reduced our cancellation policy to 4pm the day before arrival, with a commitment to be understanding in all scenarios connected to Covid 19.
- What new cleaning routines has the Hotel introduced since Covid 19?
We’ve always had a rigorous cleaning and hygiene routine however our fabulous housekeeping teams are stepping it up a notch and you’ll see continuous cleaning around “touch points”- door knobs, handles, in the loos etc… in the main areas of the hotel. We’ve appointed “Covid-19 cleaning champions” and implemented a “deep cleaning” process in place for bedrooms using the recommended hospital grade cleaning materials. Once a room is fully “guest ready” it will have the cleaning seal of approval attached to the door giving reassurance of its squeaky cleanliness.
We’ve all become more familiar with regular hand washing etc… our teams both front and back of house are all adhering to this before, during and after their shifts and to complement this we’ll have hand sanitiser available around the hotel for both team and guests to use. It’s worth noting that our teams have designated areas to change both before and after working.
- How will you ensure social distancing in the restaurants and around the hotel?
The guest experience will look a little different, but we hope we’ve made it simple and easy to follow:
We’ve limited our guest capacities, combined both restaurant spaces upstairs and down and introduced 1 metre plus social distancing areas around the hotel to ensure a more relaxed approach to social distancing.
We don’t want to appear stand-offish… but we will back away and adhere to social distancing gaps as close to 2m as possible… even though we may wish to give you a welcome hug when you arrive!
We’ll drop you an email prior to arrival to get as much information on how you would like to relax during your stay with us to limit face to face interaction – we’ll ask all those things regarding the time you’re likely to arrive, allergies, etc… so many questions but it means we’ll have it all ready for you.
Check in – Reception will not always be staffed, if this is the case please visit stables bar and grill to collect your key from the Host and make any breakfast and dinner reservations.
In room – we won’t make a fuss just let you settle in – we’re always at the end of the phone if you need anything.
We’ve combined our menus throughout to allow more space and reduced the capacity for non-residents - we also have lots of wonderful courtyard areas to use too (fingers crossed for a gorgeous summer!)
- Pre-booking is essential as we have reduced table numbers (if you do arrive without a reservation we will do our best!)
• Maximum of 6 per table (please ensure when booking for larger numbers that you are conforming to the government guidelines on households dining together)
• Cashless payments only
• View the menu and book online
We will ask you to pour your own wine and water too but be on hand if you need anything!
We ask parents to supervise their children to ensure social distancing is observed… highchairs and all tables and floors will be scrupulously scrubbed down as usual.
- Can Guests still use the pool and Gym ?
The swimming pool and gym will remain closed for now but we hope it won't be too long before we can allow guests to enjoy them again!
- How do I know the team looking after me are not ill?
We are nothing without our wonderful team and their well-being is our top priority, therefore we have implemented daily health checks for everyone prior to reporting in for work. PPE is available for all team members.