Useful information-FAQs- Covid-19
What are the opening times for the Manor House Hotel?
Hotel - open 4pm Tuesdays until 6pm Sunday - closed Sunday and Monday nights until further notice.
Check in 4pm
Check out 11am
We are operating a reduced reception/telephone service currently-please book on-line for the guaranteed best available rate.
Stables Bar and Grill
We are operating a reduced reception/telephone service currently-please book your table online.
Please note due to government guidelines we are currently unable to accept table booking for more one household or support bubble.
Breakfast - Wednesday to Friday 06:45am to 09:30am, Saturday and Sunday 07:30am- 11:00am
Lunch - Wednesday to Saturday 12.00pm to 2.00pm, Sunday 12.00pm to 4pm
Dinner - Tuesday to Saturday 6.00pm to 8:30pm, Sunday night closed
Tuesday 6.00pm to 9.45pm
Wednesday to Saturday 12.00pm to 9.45pm
Sunday 12.00pm to 5.00pm
Sunday and Monday night- closed
Swimming Pool and Gym
4pm- 8pm Tuesday to Saturday, hotel guests only- no public access
Do you still take cash payments throughout the hotel, bars and restaurant?
We no longer take cash anywhere in the hotel. We accept all major cards, and electronic payments such as Apple Pay etc
Do you have a contactless mobile ordering app?
We do- please click this link to download and order from the comfort of your room or table, anywhere in the hotel or to takeaway.
What are you doing to protect me from Covid-19?
Health and safety is our top priority and we have put measures in place so you can stay with confidence. As the Coronavirus outbreak comes under control, certain measures may be reduced, amended or eliminated. Please click this link to read our policy.
Covid-19 Policy –
We want to reassure our guests, team members and suppliers that we have taken every measure possible to keep everyone safe but also want to ensure we don’t lose the essence of what we love to do every day.
Our teams are happy to answer any questions you have but you may find the below information helpful before and during your stay:
Health and safety is our priority and we have put the following measures in place so you can stay with confidence. As the Coronavirus outbreak becomes under control, certain measures may be reduced, amended or eliminated.
Our Guest Experience team like to greet guests on arrival. However, we appreciate times have changed so whilst we still offer that personal level of service, as part of our contactless check-in process guests will receive a pre-arrival email to ask additional questions so we can tailor our service accordingly.
Hotel residents can check-in from 4pm.
Rooms will be paid before arrival, food and drink will be paid for during your stay. There is no need for a check out procedure, as there will be no outstanding charges on your account, simply drop your key in the box on your way out. If guests have any queries regarding their bill, they can contact reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We politely request guests follow the check-out time, as our Housekeeping team will need access from 11am so they can clean the room to our Covid-19 Policy hygiene standards.
Manor House Hotel Online Ordering
We will provide you with a web link to enjoy a contactless experience with hotel information at your fingertips. Features include ordering room service and food and drinks in all areas of the hotel.
Keeping our Team Safe
All team members will undergo a Health and Safety Covid-19 Secure training program prior to returning to work, to educate them in strict hygiene protocols whilst remaining able to deliver our usual high standards of service.
- 1m+ social distancing to be observed wherever possible. Signs are located around the Hotel.
- Enhanced cleaning programme throughout all ‘back of house’ areas, including all touch points such as door handles, handrails, and lifts.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available for the team.
- PPE (face coverings, disposal gloves, aprons, wipes, screens) available for all staff.
- We will encourage increasing the frequency of hand washing or hand sanitising and surface cleaning (including disinfection of high footfall areas or common touchpoints and toilet/restrooms).
- The time of any activity where social distancing cannot be maintained will be kept as short as possible.
- A one-way system will be implemented back of house to prevent staff crossing, where possible.
- We will create an internal ‘Whistle blow’ Covid-19 system so the team can raise any concerns
- Dirty laundry will be separated from clean laundry so that there is no cross contamination
- A Covid-19 Champion has been appointed to ensure all procedures are being observed.
Keeping Guests Safe
1m+ social distancing to be observed wherever possible.
HEALTH AND HYGIENE
- Guests will be asked prior to their arrival if they have experienced any Covid 19 symptoms or have had a high temperature. Guests with symptoms are requested not to come to the hotel.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available for guests to help themselves.
- Enhanced cleaning schedules, including all touch points such as door handles, handrails and lift has been implemented.
- Payments should ideally be made by card/contactless with pre-payment for bedrooms in advance. We will take payment from your card details provided in accordance with the cancelation policy applicable to your booking.
- Furniture will be rearranged to observe social distancing.
- Windows will be opened frequently to increase ventilation
- Rather than use the public area toilets, hotel residents will be asked to use the facilities in their bedroom where ever possible.
TRACK AND TRACE
As per Government guidelines, we will need to collect some basic contact details for all guests. In most cases you will have provided these as part of your reservation. The Track and Trace initiative allows local NHS and public health professionals to follow up with guests if necessary. We only need one contact name and phone number for each group. We must keep these details for 21 days and they will then be destroyed.
Health and safety is our top priority and we have put the following measures in place so you can stay with confidence. As the Coronavirus outbreak becomes under control, certain measures may be reduced, amended or eliminated.
- Where possible, we will leave rooms unoccupied between guest stays so the room can ‘rest’.
- All rooms and suites will be cleaned based on our ‘Clean Room 10 Mark Assurance’ which includes :door handles, light switches, TV remote, drawers, taps, bathroom amenities, safe, telephone, iron, kettle, tea and coffee facilities.
- All laundry is washed by an ozone washer at a temperature which guarantees elimination of any potential trace of Covid-19 and the laundry trollies will be disinfected regularly.
- The guest laundry service will not be available.
- Servicing the room will only be available for guests staying three or more nights and is on a request basis only. If Housekeeping do need to enter the room, they will wear a face covering and disposable gloves.
- Most printed material, pens, menus, cushions and bed throws will be removed to reduce touch points.
- All glassware and crockery will be changed, cleaned thoroughly between guests.
Stables Bar and Grill
Health and safety is our top priority and we have put the following measures in place so you can stay or visit with confidence. As the Coronavirus outbreak becomes under control, certain measures may be reduced, amended or eliminated.
- Any dining experience must be pre-booked. To ensure we can effectively manage social distancing for all our guests, we politely request prompt arrival.
- The breakfast buffet will be replaced by table service.
- Room service will be available on request through the Manor House Hotel Online ordering system, there may be a wait of up to 30 minutes from the point of the request.
- Staff will not remove guests’ coats and belongings.
- All service will be table service, and guests must not approach the bar except in the designated area marked for social distancing.
- The number of guests allowed at a table will be based on Government guidelines.
- Disposable paper napkins will be used. Straws and stirrers will be removed.
- All condiments will be sealed.
- Windows will be opened to increase ventilation in the restaurant.
As per Government guidelines, we will need to collect some basic contact details for guests if, for some reason, they have not already provided this as part of their reservation. The Track and Trace initiative allows local NHS and public health professionals to follow up with guests if necessary. We only need one contact name and phone number for each group. We must keep these details for 21 days and they will then be destroyed. The person making the reservation will need to keep the contact details of those in the dining group for 21 days.
Our teams are happy to answer any questions you have but you may find the information below helpful before and during your stay
1.What if the situation changes again or I need to cancel my stay at short notice?
We recognise that it’s very hard for anyone to make firm commitments for anything at the moment, so advance purchase bookings we will postpone the booking until March 2021.
- What new cleaning routines has the Hotel introduced since Covid 19?
We’ve always had a rigorous cleaning and hygiene routine however our fabulous housekeeping teams are stepping it up a notch and you’ll see continuous cleaning around “touch points”- door knobs, handles, in the loos etc… in the main areas of the hotel. We’ve appointed “Covid-19 cleaning champions” and implemented a “deep cleaning” process in place for bedrooms using the recommended hospital grade cleaning materials. Once a room is fully “guest ready” it will have the cleaning seal of approval attached to the door giving reassurance of its squeaky cleanliness.
We’ve all become more familiar with regular hand washing etc… our teams both front and back of house are all adhering to this before, during and after their shifts and to complement this we’ll have hand sanitiser available around the hotel for both team and guests to use. It’s worth noting that our teams have designated areas to change both before and after working.
- How will you ensure social distancing in the restaurants and around the hotel?
The guest experience will look a little different, but we hope we’ve made it simple and easy to follow:
We’ve limited our guest capacities, combined both restaurant spaces upstairs and down and introduced 1 metre plus social distancing areas around the hotel to ensure a more relaxed approach to social distancing.
We don’t want to appear stand-offish… but we will back away and adhere to social distancing gaps as close to 2m as possible… even though we may wish to give you a welcome hug when you arrive!
We’ll drop you an email prior to arrival to get as much information on how you would like to relax during your stay with us to limit face to face interaction – we’ll ask all those things regarding the time you’re likely to arrive, allergies, etc… so many questions but it means we’ll have it all ready for you.
Check in – Reception will not always be staffed, if this is the case please visit stables bar and grill to collect your key from the Host and make any breakfast and dinner reservations.
In room – we won’t make a fuss just let you settle in – we’re always at the end of the phone if you need anything.
We’ve combined our menus throughout to allow more space and reduced the capacity for non-residents - we also have lots of wonderful courtyard areas to use too (fingers crossed for a gorgeous summer!)
- Pre-booking is essential as we have reduced table numbers (if you do arrive without a reservation we will do our best!)
• Maximum of 6 per table (please ensure when booking for larger numbers that you are conforming to the government guidelines on households dining together)
• Cashless payments only
• View the menu and book online
We will ask you to pour your own wine and water too but be on hand if you need anything!
We ask parents to supervise their children to ensure social distancing is observed… highchairs and all tables and floors will be scrupulously scrubbed down as usual.
- Can Guests still use the pool and Gym ?
The swimming pool and gym is open for residents of the hotel from 4pm until 8pm Tuesday - Saturday. Please note the changing rooms are closed and guests are asked to change in their bedrooms.
- How do I know the team looking after me are not ill?
We are nothing without our wonderful team and their well-being is our top priority, therefore we have implemented daily health checks for everyone prior to reporting in for work. PPE is available for all team members.